Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business and Consumer

 Considering that businesses have changed over the years, social media has had a serious impact. Whether positive or negative, social media makes it easier to look up multiple businesses in a matter of seconds. One way social media has made it easier to get businesses noticed and get your problems solved is through Google. One prime example would be if somebody moved to a new location and they were attempting to find a quality new hair salon. Said person would typically look up hair salons in their area and base their decision off of the positive or negative reviews.

This differs from communication with a business in the past because not only is everything online, it leaves communication between you and the business misinterpreted. Relating to my first example, I personally go to a local hair salon and get the best haircuts. But, their online google reviews are just horrible. This business has been in the same location and industry for years and is widely known throughout the united states. Given these bad reviews, their reputation has depleted and causes less customers to walk in through the door. 

I have left positive reviews to help mitigate the others, but the way that this salon handles their negative reviews is really professional and I think it definitely helps to respond to both negative and positive reviews. I personally don't write reviews because I believe everyones experience is based on themselves as a person. I believe that if I had a terrible encounter somewhere or with a specific product, I would just discuss it with the upper management at hand. It is not up to me to depict that information because everyones experiences are different. 

But, I did have an instance at a car dealership where I was thinking the situation was a bit sketchy and then I looked up the place's reviews and it confirmed my suspicion. So, I do feel that if you have a hunch about something or somewhere, definitely do your research at hand. This is just something that I do because I like to believe it as I see it. 

To conclude, If I had my own business on social media I would respond to positive and negative reviews as quickly and professionally as possible. As stated, one negative review trumps multiple positive reviews. In my mind I would take negative reviews as constructive criticism and do what I can to reflect and come up with ways to never get the same bad review again. With positive reviews I would do the same exact thing just in a positive aspect. Meaning that I would treat every client interaction professionally in hopes that clients would leave similar positive reviews.

I've left a positive review for YoungLA, a fitness based clothing brand that I absolutely love. I wrote to them that their clothes make me feel confident and comfortable as well as helping me receive compliments. Also left a review for one of my favorite restaurants, Texas De Brazil. My review consisted of me letting them know that each time I go there the service and food gets better and better.

Comments

Popular Posts