Week 8 Part B: Your Instagram Hashtag Use

 Here is the list of hashtags I consistently use on my fitness Instagram account as well as my fictional gym Instagram account: #fitness, #bodybuilding, #workout, #teenbodybuilding, #powerlifting, #lift, #college, #collegeworkouts, #nutrition, #diet, #nutritiontips, #cheatday, #studentathlete, #athlete, #gymshark, #alphalete, #fit, #mirin, #motivation, #fitnessmotivation, #gym, #youngla, #buckedup, #nfgu, #yla, #zyzz, #morethanagym.

I found these hashtags by just thinking of popular words, brands, phrases, and titles that are all somehow associated with fitness. A lot of these are well known brands or phrases that a lot of gym goers know of. The only one that is geared specifically towards my business is #morethanagym which is the slogan/motto I'm going after. The other hashtags are still significant towards my business because they are all somehow related to the fitness industry and target my preferred audience. 

I typically try and post around 12pm daily because I know a lot of people are on their lunch breaks from work or school around that time and start scrolling through Instagram. I've found that posting later in the day just doesn't get  as much attention. I know that a lot of people are active on Instagram at night as well but that's typically when I'll post on my Instagram story since it doesn't disappear from viewers feeds such as a post would. 

Honestly, I didn't learn much other than that the methods I've been taking to try and grow myself through social media have all been the proper ways of doing so. I've been using hashtags on my posts for a while, along with posting consistently and at the most valuable time.  It's nice to know that I have been doing it correctly this whole time.

Comments:

Megan McDonell

Kristy Yam


Comments

Popular Posts