Week 9 Part A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts and Webinars

 One instance that makes sense to add personal touch to a post would be something that many people can relate too. For my posts about the gym and fitness, one post that I would add personal touch to would be about my personal fitness journey. My strength progress, hardships, my weight loss journey. I'd do this in hopes of making my viewers/readers realize that through hard work and especially dedication, you can work towards achieving your goals like I have. It does also provide a sense of trust to your viewers because if you're being truthful and the viewers can see that, then they'll put their trust in you/your business.

Other businesses would mainly use personal posts if they're trying to sell you something. "I use this and I absolutely love it!'. To me this seems dishonest most of the time unless it's a business that I'm fairly familiar with. I could see this being a big reason why companies would add personal touch to their posts. Another reason would be if their business revolves around health. Physical and/or mental health. The companies owner could add personal things to their post because their product or ideas have helped them out in the past or present. This one is a little bit more trustworthy to me as long as there's some kind of evidence supporting their claims.

Some examples of businesses that aren't able to add personal touch on their posts are: Ikea, Wells Fargo, and Best Buy. Mainly very popular companies. I'd imagine when these companies first started off they shared more personal things but the other thing to think about is that when most big companies started off, social media didn't exist. If you look into more recent big companies such as Hydro flask, they gained popularity through social media. They also can be added to the list of non personal social media posts. 

Overall, if your business could potentially benefit from making things a bit more personal then I'd say to definitely do so. I for sure plan on adding personal things to my businesses social media posts. It's a great easy and truthful way to gain positive feedback.


Comments

  1. I agree with your idea that personal posts make benefits. By posting this, customers might come to be interested in our business. Therefore, it is important to use this style.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts